) Massa counts on Ferrari |Moto Buzz cars

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Massa counts on Ferrari




Ferrari’s Felipe Massa says that he is confident that he can rely on the team to show their full support despite his poor outings in the last couple of races and is ready to put that behind him starting with next weekend’s Korean Grand Prix.
“Even though I am going through a particularly difficult time right now with a lack of results in the last couple of races, I know I can count on the support of the team, who have always been behind me one hundred percent, especially in the difficult times,” said the Brazilian on the team’s website.
“I was very pleased to read what our President [Luca di] Montezemolo said after the Japanese Grand Prix.
"Knowing he has faith in me is something I truly appreciate: he has an excellent understanding of the sport and he knows that you can sometimes go through tough times. The fact his support is always there is very important,” added the 29-year-old.
“My desire to do as well as possible for me and for the team is the same as ever and that has been my approach to the sport ever since I started in Formula 1.
"You have to maintain a positive approach, especially as the team is locked into a very tough fight with two goals in mind, even if the situation in the Constructors’ championship has become very difficult. Everyone must put in 110 per cent effort in order to succeed and that is definitely what I’ll be doing for the remaining weeks of the season," Massa explained.
The Brazilian is sixth in the overall standings, 92 points behind leader Mark Webber and with three races and 75 points on offer is out of the title battle. On the other hand his teammate Fernando Alonso is second in the standings with 206 points and would require adequate support from the Brazilian to secure his third driver’s title.
In the Constrcutors’ challenge Ferrari are third in the overall standings, 92 points behind leaders Red Bull. They are mathematically still in contention but it would take a brave man to bet on the Prancing Horse to clinch the title and it looks like the Milton-Keynes based outfit have this one in the bag.

No comments: