Yamaha is going to launch its sporty performance bike Yamaha FZ1 in India through CKD (completely knocked down) unit route. The super bike will be launched in December and will be priced between Rs 8-9 lakh. Yamaha FZ1, with its 1000cc and four cylinders , would compete with the recentlylaunched Honda CB1000R. It is pitted in the same category as the Suzuki Bandit and Kawasaki Z1000S in the international market. Yamaha, which sells super bikes in the range of Rs 14-24 lakh, plans to sell over 80-100 super bikes in India in 2010. The company hopes bike enthusiasts will overlook the cost factor and lap up its products just for the iconic value they have gained on other markets
Yamaha FZ1 India Specifications
- Type 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
- Bore x Stroke 77 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
- Ignition Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
- Transmission 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Tires / Front 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear 190/50-ZR17
- Length 84.3 in
- Width 30.3 in
- Height 47.4 in
- Seat Height 32.1 in
- Wheelbase 57.5 in
- Ground Clearance 5.3 in
New for 2011:
Yamaha FZ1 India Features
The ECU mapping has been revised to achieve improved throttle response in the low speed range.
- Compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
- Fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
- Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
- Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
- Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalyzer and 02 sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
- Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
- Aggressive chassis geometry with Super sport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
- Short 4.8-gallon fuel tanks allows the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
- Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight and superb handling.
- Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
- Controlled-Fill (CF) aluminum swing arm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
- Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.
- 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
- Removable sub frame for easy maintenance and detachable passenger foot pegs for even more stripped-down style.
- Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
- Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
- High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
- Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
- Passenger grab rails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
- Dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.